Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fwd: A message from Congressman Adam Smith

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Entenman, Debra <Debra.Entenman@mail.house.gov>
Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM
Subject: A message from Congressman Adam Smith
To: "Entenman, Debra" <Debra.Entenman@mail.house.gov>



 


Congressman Adam Smith, Washington State 9th District

Health Care Issues Update

Smith Advocates for a Public Option

As the debate over how best to continue with health care reform continues in Congress and amongst the American people, a lot of information and ideas have been presented. I want to make it clear that I strongly support the inclusion of a public option in the health care reform legislation.

A public option is the best avenue through which to purse meaningful health care reform that contains costs and rewards quality of care rather than quantity, as our current system does. I have been in regular meetings with the House Democratic leadership to ensure that the health care reform legislation includes a strong public option.

While the public option is a vitally important piece of health care reform, there are other parts of reform bill with which I have concerns. I am continuing to work with my colleagues on these issues in order to ensure the best bill possible.

As Congress continues to discuss health care reform, I encourage you to call or email me through my website and share your feelings about the various reform measures that are being presented.

To follow more closely what I am doing in Congress to reform our health care system please visit my website or follow me on twitter and YouTube

http://adamsmith.house.gov|

YouTube | Twitter |E-Newsletter | RSS

If you have questions or comments please contact Debra Entenman,

Field Representative at: 253-593-6604 or

via email at: Debra.Entenman@mail.house.gov

The Honorable Adam Smith
2402 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-8901

The Honorable Adam Smith
2209 Pacific AV. Suite B

Tacoma, WA 98402

(253)-593-6600

Toll Free: 1-888-SMITH-09

Debra J. Entenman
Field Representative

In the office of Congressman Adam Smith

Direct phone line 253-593-6604

We have moved our new address is:

2209 Pacific Ave, Suite B, Tacoma, WA 98402.

Our new phone number is 253-593-6600.






No comments: